Our tennis professionals will be offering drop-in clinics for adults at pre-set times during the week. Clinics for each level will be provided at different times. Please see our schedule for more details. Our staff will also be available for private lessons upon request.
Our Ladies Days will continue on Wednesdays from 9:00-11:00 (for intermediate players), on Fridays from 9:00-11:00 (for 3.5+ players), and on Saturdays from 9:00-11:00. Men's Day begins every Saturday and Sunday morning at 9:00 am.
Our har-tru tennis courts are open for the summer, and we're looking forward to a lot of good play this year! Our usual programming is taking a back seat to a slower, cautious approach in an effort to keep our members safe. To begin the summer, we will only have 4 of our courts open; our tennis committee will constantly reassess whether it's safe to open all 6, allow small group lessons, reintroduce men's and ladies days, etc. Until all the courts are open, please call/text our tennis pro, Andy, at (518) 461-1895 or email him at [email protected] to reserve a court ahead of time. When coming to play, be aware that our by-laws state that when the demand for courts exceeds the number of courts, players should stick to a one hour limit for singles play or 1.5 hours for doubles.
Andy is also available for private lessons upon request. Please feel free to contact him to schedule some! Lesson packages are also available for anyone who would like to take a series of lessons this summer. Our pro shop also offers racquet restringing services as well as inventory which will help you on the courts!
When you come to play, please be aware of the following safety protocols:
· Only the four end courts will be open for play; the nets will not be put up on the middle courts to begin with.
· When the courts first open, there will be no programming; people can set up their own match, or schedule private lessons, but not group lessons.
· The gates will remain open at all times for hands-free access to all courts.
· Players will be encouraged to reserve courts with the pro ahead of time, in an effort to limit the number of players at the courts at any given time.
· Once we start group lessons, clinic numbers will be capped, for both juniors and adults. Spots can be reserved ahead of time.
· During lessons, only the pro will pick up the balls. Members can kick them towards the net to help, but are discouraged to handle them directly.
· The chairs will not all be put out on the deck to limit the number of people congregating near the courts.
· Players will be encouraged to wash their hands before and after play.
· Our Men’s Day and Ladies Day programs will see changes. Players will not be rotating courts as they have in the past, and numbers will be capped when necessary.
· Players will be encouraged to bring their own water bottles (pre-filled) and towels. Wristbands will be encouraged over the use of personal face towels.
The tennis committee will be constantly monitoring these protocols, and will add or ease restrictions as the evolving situation warrants.
· The tennis staff will disinfect all surfaces around the courts (gates, benches, nets, etc.) as well as teaching carts every day.
· Only tennis staff will be allowed in the pro shop.